Being in a relationship entails ample time and effort for the other person. The years you’ve been together are not enough to say that you got the best of both worlds. When a relationship lasts longer, the more effort you’ll have to exert. Here are signs that your bond is up for a long run.
1. Trust – they say trust is better than love. Though, is it possible to love without trust? Yes it is, but you could never expect a stable connection if you do not believe in your partner. Without faith in each other, you’ll end up doubting, suspecting, and eventually breaking up.
2. Honesty – when we say honest, you are a hundred percent transparent about your feelings for him. We’re not just talking about unfaithfulness here. You can be honest in many little ways. You tell him if there’s something wrong and you acknowledge him when he did something nice.
3. Freedom – engaging in a tie-up does not mean you cannot live your life the way it used to be. Having the free will to do the things without the other half restricting you is a sign that he wants you to still be happy on your own. It’s a plus if both of you find activities that you two enjoy, like watching horror movies or skydiving.
4. Friendship – a boy-girl relationship is not just about romance. He can also be your best friend. You can build friendship by being there for each other in times of need.
5. Love – obviously, your love for that person is the reason why you stay in that relationship. It does not matter what you love about him. Only you could tell that, though. The most important thing you should keep in mind is to love your partner the same way you love yourself.